Thursday, 17 February 2011

Just Popped By To Say...

Hello!
Its been a while, since I am now a true 1950's enthusiast and have no connection the the Internet, blogging is becoming difficult! Hopefully, sometime this year, O2 will stop trying to charge me £50 for two weeks usage and blogging can resume. Anyway, Grumble over, Im on Holiday :)


A friend lent me 'The Edge Of Love' a few weeks back, to say I was slightly obsessed for a while would be an understatement. I do not normally agree with Keria Knightly Movies, but this one really changed my mind.
Its fabulous , cosy , real and romantic; I really do think you must see it. I have many screen shots that i'll get round to putting here one day, for the costume and props really sparked my imagination.
Since I finished this dress last summer I have wanted to post about it, Its in this fabulous fabric from Beyond Fabrics , a collection endearingly entitled 'Recipe for friendship'.


When I was on the train today I looked around at all the 'normal' people and realised how wartime I looked, something I have been trying not to do so much of lately as im concerned, What with my 14 Year old looks I look nothing more than a little girl playing dress up.


Anyho, my day has consisted of making a quilt for my Niece's first birthday.(Up until now the poor tot has had to sleep in a 'grow bag' what with cot-death fears. Soon the little mite will be able to snuggle up.)
I got quite carried away and there was no natural daylight for good photos, hence the close up of fabric.It is a shirt dress with large lapels and a zip up bodice, an 80's does 50's kind of affair.
I acquired this wonderful maroon cardigan from spitalfields market, with splendid little flowers hand sewn on. Reminds me of a fabulous number I got from VaG last year, I need lots of these, in different colours.
Also, Why does it feel so good to wear wellies every once in a while?? why do I find these old green pair of mine, originally used back in the day when I used to muck out my Nag; Look fabulous with everything?!
Im having a fabulous holiday, plenty of Sewing, Tea and stoking the fire and being in the country. Just what you need every now and then, Blow the big smoke right outta my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment