Friday, 3 July 2009

Paparazzi

Fashion designer Heidi is one of a kind

Jul 1 2009 by Iain Laing, The Journal

A FASHIONABLE graduate who has styled for top designer Nicole Farhi is bringing her own creations to the North East.

Former Cleveland College of Art & Design (CCAD) applied arts student Heidi Pryce has launched her own range of vintage and customised garments.

Heidi, 23, of Newcastle, has one of her own designs in the summer 2009 Nicole Farhi collection.

She said: “I’ve always had an interest in fashion and made my first corset aged 11 from a scrap of material and a roll of garden wire. Opening my own online outlet will enable me to mix revamped retro and new DIY pieces as well as unique vintage-inspired finds.”

Heidi, who studied a two year applied arts course at CCAD with a top-up year on self employment, will also offer items customised for clients.

She said. “I’m really excited about starting my own business and my ultimate aim is to fulfil all the ideas in my head and take pieces from the past and style them for the future.”

Degree programme leader Eyv Hardwick said: “Heidi is one of a kind. She has such unique, fresh ideas and a real vision for bringing vintage garments back to life.”

http://www.nebusiness.co.uk/business-news/latest-business-news/2009/07/01/fashion-designer-heidi-is-one-of-a-kind-51140-24038006/

2 comments: